Monday, December 2, 2013

Crystal Poppins

I have a very good friend.  We met ten years ago at MOMS Club (that stands for Moms Offering Moms Support).  I noticed her right away because we both had the same sling!  Her baby boy was two months older than my baby boy (Shane) and her toddler son was a year older than my toddler son (Ian).  When I was suckered into serving as president of the club shortly after joining, I got to know Crystal better as she served as the vice-president.  I was the yin to her yang and we were an awesome team!

Over the years we have stayed close through the addition of more children, moving to new homes in new communities, deciding to how to school, deciding to leave the MP3 program, the loss of parents, Bible studies, regular meet-ups with our kids, and, most importantly *wink* what to expect as we start aging.  It is rare for me to find a friend and keep them for a decade!  Usually women can't manage to maintain this kind of friendship (a lesson I first learned at MOMS Club) because of...Mommy Wars.  Crystal truly is a gift from God.

She blessed us BIG TIME on Friday and Saturday.  She drove all the way down here just to love on us and use her powers of OCD (or CDO-the letters in the correct order the way they are supposed to be) to get a few of the rooms in this house completely clean from top to bottom.  She walked in the door with so much positive energy that it infected every single one of us!  The dogs fell in love with her, Lula cried any time she left the room or went outside, and the girls just fell over themselves to be her helpers.  She read stories, rewarded the work efforts of the kids ("just a spoonful of sugar"), and made sure I drank my water and took my vitamins.
The picture above was taken by Daniel's request for Crystal.  He said, "These are my tools. One is for killin' and the other is for scrubbin'."  Isn't he a hoot?

But then the West Wind (okay, a Southwest Wind) came and swept her away back to her own home...and we miss her.  So far, the girls have managed to keep their room spotless and I have kept the nursery spotless.  We are back on track with the laundry schedule and the kitchen...well, it doesn't take long for the kitchen to fall into disarray when boys are in charge of dishes and kids can't remember to put their orange peels into the compost bucket.  But we keep trying *smile*

Between Crystal and my doula-friend, I have felt so loved and supported.  Mark is always there in the background as my rock too.  God really has blessed me.