Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Night Formerly Known As Christmas Adam

As to not confuse original sin with Christmas, I have changed the name of our annual "Christmas Adam" tradition to a simple Hot Cocoa Party Night.  Although without original sin, we never would have needed Jesus.  But that is a discussion for another day...  We spent the day making Christmas cookies at Grandma and Grandpa's house...
 ...with my sister and her three kids.  Fiona managed to get herself into trouble twice.  First she got herself locked in the bathroom.  I don't know why.  We have the same locks here, but I guess she doesn't use them.  After that, she went off to play with her cousin's toy power tools...
 ...and while "listening" to the toy pictured above, which Mark tells me is a grinder...she got her hair stuck in it.  Both my sister and my dad had to work together to save Fiona's hair from the scissors (while I stood by helplessly taking pictures).  My sister wisely commented that some girls just shouldn't use power tools.  Fiona, the girliest of my girls, is one of those girls.  Once I gave her Kinex, a building toy similar to Tinker Toys, and she made jewelry out of it.  That is one of the things I absolutely love about her.  This morning, she kept crawling in front of the vacuum cleaner.  She almost got her hair caught in the brush roll! 
After our cookie making party, we joined back up with Ian (who was delivering food to shut-in senior citizens) and had hot cocoa.  I was inspired by a blogging friend and added extra toppings to our cocoa this year: marshmallows, whipped cream, coconut, sprinkles, and candy canes!!!  Even the dogs got cocoa after Daniel spilled his all over the floor!  Most of us didn't even make it through our first Christmas movie, Miracle on 34th Street.  I know I didn't.  Only Evie was still awake for the beginning of It's a Wonderful Life, but she didn't last...when she finally fell asleep, I'll never know because I punked out and went to my bed about the time George Bailey realizes his dream of traveling will never come true.