Friday, February 7, 2014

Microclimates

Oh, it's so cold!  The last couple of days have been below freezing and we have kept our wood stove running and running and running... and even with the wood stove, the temperature in my knitting basket next to my chair is:
That is not a joke.  This is the SAME room as the wood stove, just in the little triangle of space between my chair, the couch, and the window that I affectionately call my Knit Pit.  Brrr!  Just on the other side, at the foot of my chair, Heidi sleeps in her car seat.  She is nice and toasty in a blanket:
I have completely given up on sleeping in my room or having Daniel and Lula sleep in their room.  Lula sleeps on the couch downstairs with Heidi and I and Daniel sleeps with Mark.  This is how cold Heidi's bed in the nursery is, even with the door open to let heat in:
It is even colder when we keep the door closed to conserve heat.  The master bathroom is even colder still.  Brrrrrr!