Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Microcosmos

Sorry for being such a TV geek.  There.  I apologized in advance.  Most people I know have large flat screen TVs in their house.  We were dreaming of hanging a large flat screen, but we couldn't agree on where it should go and how to protect it from competitive children racing to see who could turn the TV off first... I already posted that we watched Jurassic Park and SpongeBob, but where this TV really gets us is with our nerdy, sciencey documentaries.
Last night we watched Microcosmos, a documentary about insects and other little creepy crawlies. Even if you don't have a giant TV, I highly recommend this movie.  It is French, so instead of winning Academy Awards it had to win Cesars.  It was nominated for eight Cesars and won five.  There is no boring, sleep-inducing commentary, only beautiful music and amazing cinematography.
These little guys are SO HUGE on our new TV. I'm going to call this movie MACROcosmos from now on!
If you are shy about watching insects or gastropods mate in front of your children (we are not), then be ready to shield small eyes.
If you are queasy around spiders...well, you've been warned!  That spider is bigger than our dog!

Can you believe I took pictures of movies on our TV for my blog? How pathetic is that?  But this bugs were SO COOL!