Sunday, January 17, 2010

Camp Rainy Day Weekend

On Friday, tired of the rain, but thankful the rain fills my well, I set up Camp Rainy Day for the kids. We've had this for a few years now, but I usually keep it hidden away and surprise them with indoor camping when I'm desperate.  With a roaring (camp) fire in the background, two tents, and a fun crawl-through tube, Camp Rainy Day was complete.  Or was it?

S and E (IJ is crawling through the tube)


E, the Little Rabbit
What were we missing?  Indoor S'mores!  But not your typical melt-in-the-microwave S'mores!  I made peppermint marshmallow all by myself!  And then bought some chocolate wafer cookies to eat it on (because it was gross by itself)!

F says MMMMmmmmm!

The best part about rainy weekends is getting enough work done to justify spending a few hours developing my sewing skills.  Yes, I'm feeling the only-three-months-until-the-baby-is-born anxiety.  Today I sewed five pairs of wool pants out of old sweaters that were given to me.  They are lambswool and very very soft.  And funky!  E has a great sense of style:


E wearing funky pants!