Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Long Day

Yesterday we had a long day.  We, meaning the four kids and I, left at 9:00 am for an appointment with the midwife.  We had my tire looked at and refilled (oops, I should have done that a long time ago).  We went to the YMCA for a gymnastics class, to Costco for lunch with Grandma and shopping, back to the YMCA for Homeschool PE and swim lessons, and finally home by 5:30.  I quickly made dinner (leftovers from the two previous nights mixed together and served with chips), put the kids in their pajamas, and left again at 6:10 to take IJ, S, and E to Pioneer Club for a pajama party.  What fun!

And how horrible for me because once again F had a late nap and stayed up late.  And once again I had to stay up with her while she watched Winnie the Pooh.  These busy afternoons are ruining my life!  But I was up on time, ready for school...yet had no students.  When S sleeps late, I let him.  Especially when my mom says things like, "Your kids look really tired."  Maybe they need more of this:

When pregnant ladies get cravings
I did not actually drink this whole thing, although I was tempted.  I had to share this wonderful concoction of spinach, strawberry, orange, banana, cucumber, nutritional yeast, and chia seeds.