Monday, January 18, 2010

Up A Tree

Today has been lovely, sunny, and warm.  Warm enough to go outside with no shoes and no pants (if you are a under the age of two) and spend some time riding bikes, playing with pine cones, and soaking up some Vitamin D. 


 A beautiful day for climbing trees too!

What is M doing climbing that ladder?  Let's take a closer look...

Poor Ling-Ling.  Chased up the tree by the Stupid Pathetic Doberman.  And M couldn't reach the poor kitty with such a short ladder.

So M pulled out the big guns and used Scratchy's Ladder.  Why is this Scratchy's Ladder?  And who is Scratchy?  Why, he's my old cat that I got back before I married M.  He moved down to Twin Firs and immediately got stuck in the highest tree on our property.  M had to buy this ladder just to get him down (plus create a scary climbing harness out of a rope).  I can't believe M risked his life to get my stupid cat out of a tree.




It's nice when you get more use out of something like a 30ft ladder:



Look at that cat-rescuing action!  And how does Ling-Ling feel about this?  Let's take a closer look:




My Hero!