Sunday, June 20, 2010

He's Home, and He's Ticked!

M and the boys are home from their Cub Scout camping weekend.
"Smile Nice for your Mom."
They all had a great time.  M took a group of boys hiking on Saturday.  And it rained a lot!  The first morning some families had puddles in their tents!  But M is ticked.  Seriously.  I'm not kidding.  He has two ticks burrowing into his flesh.

He was able to pull them out after learning that burning and suffocating are no longer recommended forms of tick removal.  So now that the bugs are removed and preserved in rubbing alcohol, and we determined one left its mouth parts behind (I love microscopes), I am on serious disease watch.  I'm watching M very closely for signs of Lyme or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

We called the 24/7 consulting nurse, but all she could do was look information up on her computer.  Really?  We already did that.  Why do we even have 24/7 nurses?  Unfortunate for M, I think I'm going to make him see a doctor tomorrow and get a prescription for antibiotics.  Just in case.

This might be his worst Father's Day ever!