Saturday, June 12, 2010

IJ Gets His Black Belt

After three years and four months, IJ got his black belt!  What an incredible journey!  I'm hoping to get M to guest blog about the subject since he is so much better at Taekwondo talk than I am.  But I can say that IJ has really impressed me and I am so so proud of him.

I've written about our day in another post because I want to focus on what was really important:
 Off with the color belt...

...and on with the black belt!

 S, M, IJ, and the Master of their school

S received his senior red belt and a trophy for earning his five stripes.  IJ received a belt with his name embroidered on it in gold letters, a new uniform with a special black collar, and a giant trophy!  But I think he is most excited about his new nunchucks!  We are so proud of IJ!