Saturday, June 19, 2010

WHO knew conventions are fun?

And if you change the question mark to an exclamation point, you get the joke!

I met dear C and two other local moms at the convention and spent the day browsing vendor booths full of homeschool treasures.  I had a great time.  First, someone had an extra ticket at the entrance and gave it to me-free.  Then I entered two raffle drawings and won them both!  I have a family pass to the hydroplane museum and a tote bag with some goodies from Mango Math.  I just know my little fruit bats will love Mango Math.

I think my favorite part of the day (besides seeing my friends) was when I changed D's diaper and turned around to see F with a handful of crumpled twenty dollar bills- $200 worth!  I thought, "Where on earth did she get that kind of money?!?  Did a drug dealer drop it here in the bathroom?"  But then I remembered that the money was mine.  I obviously don't carry cash very often.

My feet are killing me, so I'm going to make a cup of coffee (or not- it is 6:15 PM) and go veg for awhile before I dig into my treasures.