Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Day is it Again?

Yesterday was so surprisingly hot, the dog and cat called a truce to escape the heat.  Baby D is in the playpen behind them.  He isn't resting.
He discovered he can move his arms!  He spends every waking minute moving those arms up and down and all around!  This wears him out quickly, so he needs a lot of catnaps.

School is out and all our activities are over, so we quickly forget what day it is.  If M had a normal job in an office, we could at least guess if it were a weekday or a weekend.  But since he is home, I remember the day with S's help and our breakfast menu.  Today we had cereal, so it must be Thursday.

During this morning's catnap, S and I did some reading (Greg's Microscope-great book!) and took some cheek cell samples:
These are real cells from S's cheek!  I took the picture down the eyepiece (maybe someday we will get a digital microscope that will hook up to our computer!  Then I will post all sorts of strange pictures!).  He was so excited!  The first thing he said was, "Those are MY cells?"  The second thing he said was, "Can I go outside now?"
I love summer break!