Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Hero

You know something dreadful had to have happened to keep me from blogging all week.  And it did.  We got the flu!  It began with E about 10 days ago.  D came down with the bug last Friday, just in time for the Cub Scout summer camping trip.  When IJ woke up Saturday morning and puked on the ground outside the tent, M drove him home to the sick ward and returned to camp with S.  I came down with it Sunday night.  And Grandad has been sick the whole time, although where the chemo side effects end and the virus begins, no one knows.
Cranberry
M is my hero.  He not only took care of us (both sick and well), he managed to juggle my job, his job, his dad's needs, and his Cub Scout duties too!  Last night was our Crossover ceremony, where the boys move up to the next level.  On the way home from the ceremony, M saw a raccoon killing a litter of kittens at the top of our driveway!  He stopped the car and he and S rescued the two kittens that managed to survive.  They brought them home, true heroes in Scout uniforms!  It was a sight to behold.  The kitties are now living with our neighbor until they are strong enough to find homes.
"See the bees?"
D is working really hard to cut molars now that he is done being sick.  He is still dehydrated and has intestinal upset, but those molars want out!  So he is being a big, big, PILL!  Thank goodness M can work from home and can take him for walks around the property.  He convinced me to come out and see the summer flowers too...and I'm glad.
Nootka Rose
Fairy Flowers
But now I'd like to go back to bed.