Friday, June 17, 2011

Pond Day!

There is nothing better than going to the beach on a low tide during the week when the beach is empty.  But no one would pick up their toys, so we didn't go.  Instead, I put all toys still left on the floor when the time was up in a big, black garbage bag.  Told the kids everything in the bag was going to the dump, even Daddy's stuffed monkey and their clothes and shoes.  I vacuumed.  And then I took the kids to the pond.
The grass "is as high as an elephant's eye" because our mower is broken and in the shop.  I hope it comes back soon!  I don't want to have to give the kids machetes so they can find their way home!
At the pond, I had just the right amount of rest and relaxation.  Nothing compares to knitting and Kindling in the sun.  Yes!  I have a Kindle! I bought it for myself when everyone was sick.  Luckily the package didn't come until I was well enough to read!
The girls and I stayed nice and dry, while the boys enjoyed the pond in their own special ways:
S on the paddle board
IJ wildly swinging
I just pulled out some family pictures from 2005 and IJ's hair is getting to look a lot like his cousin's....his GIRL cousin!  He is ready for a haircut now!