Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Kids Are Going to Hate Me

I've decided (as of Monday) that for the next month, we are focusing on physical fitness.  We are going to work on our Presidential Physical Fitness Award, the Cub Scout Physical Fitness Sports Pin, and the Cub Scout Hiking Sports Pin.  So far they have run a 1/4 mile at a local track, found their resting heart rate, raised their heart rate to the target zone, and... are you ready for this?   They did an aerobics video.  If you ever want to laugh so hard you fall on the floor and roll around, watch my boys do aerobics.  At first they giggle and fool around.  But as soon as their heart rate goes up and they are trying to keep up with the old lady (me), the laughing stops.  We used canned food for weights and I carried D in a backpack (he fell asleep).  We are supposed to do a plethora of activities, including participating in aerobic activity three times a week for one month and log five hours hiking.  Good home school time, I tell ya!

Edited to add:  We have done three video workouts together this week.  Not only is it great physical activity for both me and the boys, we save a bunch of fire wood too.  If I'm too cold, I put in the workout video and get active!