Thursday, October 20, 2011

A New Adventure: And More Pumpkins

I met my friend that I wrote about in this post at the park today for some fun.



"Come back, Tigre!"

Then we secretly planned to surprise the kids with a trip to a pumpkin patch that was right down the road!  The very next time there was an altercation between some kids, we said, "Alright, that's it!  Get in the van/truck!"
And then we were off... to the cutest little pumpkin patch very close to my house.  We had a lot of fun in the short time we were there...






I came home with too many pumpkins.  I'm going to have a LOT of pumpkin puree in the freezer, hooray!
This little bay is on the way home to my house.  One of my most favorite things to do is check it out to see what the tides are like and if there are any birds and if I can see the moon.  We saw the most awesome harvest moon last week as we were headed home from a Scout meeting.
"Nice pumpkin, but we want cat food!"
Tonight, I made up my own version of The Phantom Hitchhiker, starring the kids' oldest sister, L.  The whole story was set in our old hometown with all the landmarks IJ and S remember, including the railroad crossing on Main Street and the cemetery down the street from our old house.  IJ, of course, ruined my story by saying, "I read that story in book already, Mom!"  I said, "Stop ruining my story!" but S and E didn't were absorbed with their pumpkin painting and didn't hear me.  They kept asking, "Did L really see a ghost?"  It was great!