Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

I was wondering why the kids kept bringing wet laundry back to be folded.  The washing machine isn't draining properly and some water has been draining back into the tub after the last spin cycle.  And since the kids manage the laundry steps between washing and folding, I had no idea that sopping wet clothes were being put in the dryer.  I did a little research and did this:

That used to be my washing machine.  I decided that instead of calling my husband and freaking out about how much money it was going to cost to fix whatever is wrong, I got on You Tube and Google.  After watching a few videos, I got to work.

I'm giving myself an award (pretending I'm standing on stage, holding my award, okay?)  I'd like to thank my dad, for letting me play in the garage when I was a little girl and giving me a tool box when I graduated from community college.  That tool box has come in handy so many times.  I'd also like to thank Ernst Home and Nursery, my first employer, for having such bad customer service that they would put an 18 year old girl in the hardware department with only the training module for experience.  I'd also like to thank my first car, for always breaking.

Okay, enough with the jokes.  I'm thinking the drain pump might be breaking.  I have a new one in my shopping cart; I'm just waiting for forum people to get back to me before I buy it.  Anyone want to do my laundry for me for the next week?  Did I mention that I'm behind because of camping last weekend?  And that I still cloth diaper?  Do I hear someone laughing?