Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School Excitement

I'm excited.  Every afternoon I obsessively listen for the arrival of the UPS man.  Why? I'm waiting for my school books.  Our parent partnership program changes its rules every year and THIS year we got to order our books last spring if we had our learning plan submitted.  Since I happened to be pregnant and super organizedly nesty (I know those are not real words), I had my plan ready to go before the due date.

One of the funnest parts of homeschooling is reading every. single. catalog. that comes in the mail and obsessing over what subjects to teach and what curriculum to use.  And once you make up your mind for the millionth time, you get to order your stuff and get packages!  It's better than Christmas!  And the absolute best part about being in the parent partnership program is that I don't have to worry about how much anything costs or if I can reuse it for many kids over many years. No more buying one activity book and using clear plastic overlay and washable markers-everyone gets their own!

This is my seventh year homeschooling and I'm as excited as I was with my first year.  One thing I've learned about myself is that I need to keep myself distracted with something even better than what I'm waiting for.  Waiting for a baby is hard to top, but I can be distracted from package waiting by...ordering more things from Amazon.com with free two-day shipping thanks to my Prime membership.  Today I got some Huggies for Lula!  Can you believe she is wearing size 2 and is 12 1/2 pounds? Of course I'm just teasing myself with having the UPS man come down the driveway every few days.  Any day now the good packages will be here...