Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shane's 9th Birthday

As I mentioned before, we set up the video games for Shane's birthday.  That was one present.  We thought about getting him a new system, but Mark had a good point about getting something that we would hate and say "no" to all the time.
Slackline!
Mark wanted a trampoline.  I didn't want the hospital bill.  So we settled on a Gibbon Slackline.  Go ahead, Google it.  Watch videos on You Tube.  A Slackline is like a tightrope and trampoline all in one.
Shane and his best friend
We invited a few friends and siblings over for cake and ice cream.  Shane got his favorite kind of presents.  They played and ate and played video games.  And that was about it!  A perfect birthday party for a 9 year old boy.
Cake-chocolate of course
Shane's birthday wish was having two birthday cakes.  Wish granted!  We had 14 kids and four adults (and more had been invited), so I had a second cake in reserve.  He isn't the best wisher.  He last week told me if he could have any wish in the whole world, he would want to find his missing pet rock.  I would so ask for more wishes!
Duhhhh...
Shane and Ian are back to marathon video game sessions.  I've never understood Super Smash Brothers, but they spend hours staring at the screen and pushing buttons.  I will be pulling the plug on them and the video games Friday.