Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fiona's First Day

I overslept, Lula had a busy morning, and I decided to feed the kids cereal and went easy on their chores.  Hooray for the first day of school!  The older kids slipped easily back into their routines.
Fiona is super-excited to join the big kids for school.  Never mind that she has been sitting at the table learning through osmosis since the day she was born.  I asked her yesterday if she wanted to start learning her letters or numbers first.  I told her they would take turns: letters, numbers, letters, numbers.  She said, "Oh, like a pattern?"  I don't think she'll have much to do in math!

This morning, I called her to the schoolroom.  She and Daniel both came running to the gate.  When they reached the gate, Fiona turned to her brother, kicked him in the leg, and shouted, "Get out! It's MY first day of school!"
Ian thinks I better go lie down because I laugh so hard I cry every time I think of Fiona's First Day.