Monday, September 3, 2012

Last Day of Summer Break

In exchange for my nice "back-to-school" pictures:
Evie (6 1/2)
Shane (9)
Ian (10)
Fiona (4)
2012
I had to let them wear their favorite dirty shirts they've been wearing for a few days and also take a few funny pictures:

"Give yourself bunny ears!"
 AND...a chicken picture.
I think I got the better end of the deal, don't you?  The kids are taking full advantage of their last day of summer break.  The math books are already lined up, waiting to greet their smiling faces at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  I don't have everything I need-my packages are still in transit-but I have enough to get a skeleton day done. 

And speaking of skeletons, Fiona told me as we were driving past the graveyard that "When people die, some of them go to heaven and the rest get buried in the ground."  I told her that souls go to heaven and the empty body is buried in the ground.  She sits in the far back of the van and we often mis-hear each other.  She needed to clarify that just their skulls go or do the rest of their bones go too...
And then we have the cranky two-year-old story.  Daniel did not have a nap yesterday.  By the time we had dinner, he was so hungry and so tired.  He was not happy that he was given a cheeseburger when he wanted chips.  We tried the usual techniques: "Okay, I'm going to give your burger to Fiona..." to which he usually screams, "NO!" and eats it himself.  Last night he screamed, "No, ducky eat it!" and plopped that ducky right down on his plate and pushed it away. 

I love these kids.