Friday, September 14, 2012

Science and Real Life

 This is how my thought process worked yesterday:
Chopping celery and onion for tonight's soup reminds me that I need to make some slides for tomorrow's biology lesson on plant cells.  I get out old slides that have blood and pond scum from last year, wash them, and prepare new onion skin and celery cross-section slides.  Then I finish chopping the celery and onion and toss them in the crock pot.
During the lesson I have a sleeping baby in my arms, but I still manage to get the nucleus in focus and teach what needs to be taught.  The best part was having all the knowledge of how to make the slides, work the microscope, etc. packed away in my brain...that science degree really comes in handy sometimes!

As easy as science is for me, there are other subjects that overwhelm me...like writing!