Sunday, September 23, 2012

Painting Part Two

The fun began as soon as Mark got home from his trip to the hardware store.  The color he chose is called Chocolate Sprinkles.  I love it!
My job was to follow along behind Mark and the boys and fill in the cracks and other spots they missed.
Ian rolled.
Evie's job was to take pictures-a job she thoroughly enjoyed!  After the battery died and I had to go in and take care of Lula, she got to help with painting too.  All the pictures on this post are Evie's.  Except the last one!
 Shane filled the cracks and helped Daniel paint for the few minutes he was allowed out of the house.
Mark, Ian, and Shane worked really hard to get the entire house painted in one day.  I didn't think it could be done, but with the boys helping, Mark was able to get the entire house painted by dark!  Ian and Shane deserve a lot of credit; they worked harder today than they ever have before.  On a side note, they went to a Sons of the American Revolution meeting with Mark yesterday.  Because they were dressed in Scout uniforms, they got to lead the flag ceremony at the beginning of the meeting!  When Mark described it to me, I got tears in my eyes.  These boys make their mama proud.
The picture above shows the difference between the pressure-washed house and the new paint.  The light is a little funky thanks to the wildfire smoke particles in the air.
This picture is in shadow, so it better represents the actual color.  The trim around the windows will be a  darker shade of brown.
And this is what happens when Fiona and Daniel are left unattended in the house while the rest of us work.  They find the camera and take many strange pictures!  As I mentioned above, we did let them out of the house temporarily.  Daniel the worker wanted to paint the house so badly.  We figured he couldn't do any damage that couldn't be rolled out, so we gave him a brush and showed him how to cover the red spots.  Fiona's job was to sit next to Lula (who was in her car seat carrier) and keep her happy.  When Daniel stopped listening I hauled him back in the house, kicking and screaming, over my shoulder.  He wore me out this weekend and I am not looking forward to the upcoming week.