Thursday, July 31, 2008

How Does She Do It?

For you Office fans, read the following in your best Dwight imitation...

Question: How do I keep up with all these kids and all the chores and the homeschooling and the kids' activities??? Especially now that I am once again washing dishes by hand?

Answer: Backpack!

I've never had a thumb sucking kid until this Baby came along. And like every other parent in America, I worry about the thumb sucking. I've only had experience with pacifiers! Thumbs never get lost or dropped like pacifiers do. But a pacifier habit is easier to break than a thumb habit. Pacifiers can leach nasty petroleum based compound into my baby's mouth, but a thumb could have whatever nasty thing the baby just picked up on it. I had one baby that rejected both pacifiers and thumbs and would only nurse for comfort and I don't want to do that again! I guess I just have to let her suck her thumb and deal with whatever comes with the territory I guess...