Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Six Going on Sixteen

Child #3 (who lost his second tooth the other day) had his social pitcher filled today with his first play date without me or his siblings at a friend's house. He came home so happy and so excited! He was bouncing off the walls with happiness. After he came down off his high, he was still happy and excited, but at his normal level of happiness. As I stood in the kitchen preparing many meals for my new freezer, he asked "Why can't I have a phone in my room? At least can I have my own cell phone?" I asked him when exactly did he turn sixteen. "I'm not sixteen, I'm six! So can I have a phone?" "What do you need a phone for?" "So I can call my friends!" I pacified him with some time using my camera.

He has been practicing his photography skills by taking pictures of random things around the house. So now we have blurry pictures of Baby, dog behinds, and really bad super unflattering pictures of me. But here I am, wielding my knife and wearing my favorite apron from Value Village. Who got rid of such a great apron?