Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Do Your Best

That's the Cub Scout Motto. I'm trying to follow the motto today. F has been fussy nonstop since Saturday, as I mentioned in a previous post. I thought she was teething, but now she is covered in little red spots! She hasn't had a fever (that I noticed), so I'm not too concerned, but boy is this annoying! This is what I have been doing my best to accomplish today: putting my kitchen back in order, thinking about finishing my applesauce project, buying a new/used toddler bed for E and assembling it, thinking about making girls' room/boys' room instead of sleeping room/play room, and everything else I do in a busy day (like laundry and making lunch). And like educating my kids. That became the number one priority when the little beast finally went down for a nap (after keeping me up until midnight last night and not napping all day yesterday).We are currently exploring Ancient Egypt. I did my best to keep learning fun by building pyramids out of sugar cubes left over from a science experiment. I also did my best to incorporate math into our project by introducing the boys to the idea of square numbers. We counted out our layers one by one and made squares out of 25, 16, 9, 4, and 1 cube. IJ got extra credit for making his pyramid a model of Khufu's pyramid, complete with three queen's pyramids. After we were done I quizzed them on history and math and gave them sugar cubes to eat when they got the answers right. And E really did build her own pyramid! And she wrote her name all by herself!