Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When Work Becomes Play

My ultimate goal is to work myself out of a job in about twenty years or so. I hope that by age 25 my children will be self-sufficient and not need me to be the mommy anymore. I'm beginning to see the fruits of my labor budding in IJ. We had a talk about his little sister yesterday and how he doesn't really like her anymore. I reminded him that he will get out of her what he puts into her. If he fights with her and treats her badly, she will treat him badly in return. If he puts effort and work into his relationship with his immature bratty almost three year old sister, she will grow to adore him as much as he adores his older sister.

This morning IJ and E have been busy playing school. Or are they really working on school work? I can't really tell. IJ has E writing letters, sorting Legos by color, and naming shapes. S is the principal, but he doesn't get to tell anyone what to do. He just sits in his office. I might not get a turn playing teacher today if they keep this up!