Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas is Canceled!

Okay, not the entire holiday. Just our trip to Twin Firs. The weather just isn't cooperating. We've heard that all the hotels in that area are filled with people who couldn't make it home from work because the roads are so bad. And police cars are spun out all over the place. And people can only drive 5 mph. So we are definitely not loading all these small children into a van and driving for eight hours on treacherous roads. The sad part is I ordered the best Christmas present ever for IJ and it is being shipped to Twin Firs. Just in time for Christmas.

So M and I went out and cut down a Christmas tree. In the 15 degree weather. With a baby. But M is so fast when he is focused on a task that he had a tree picked out, cut down, and was back to the van by the time I had F's diaper changed (I forgot to bring diapers, but since my mind has been opened by cloth diapering I manufactured a diaper out of a cloth rag and a hair band). We decorated our tree last night while remembering funny stories of past Christmases. And the best part is that L is here! She is staying with us until the weather lightens up.

It was ten degrees outside when I woke up this morning. Brrr!