Monday, December 15, 2008

Freeeezing!

Our power was out most of the day today. I'm sitting downstairs typing with half-frozen fingers. The temp inside actually got down to 56 degrees before the power came back on. Did this effect my children at all? Oh, no! They ran around like crazy chickens and kept warm, just like usual. My dear M has a hard time with power outages. No music, no radio, no computer, no esspresso machine, no video games, no movies. I didn't notice anything different about my day, except I didn't have to do laundry! I knit, read out loud, played Jingle Bells on my guitar, and hollered at the kids to quiet down.

Now, if only the wind would stop blowing. Our house is angled so that the wind hits the front windows right on. The window panes are bowing in the wind, causing little gaps along the frame. We taped the windows last night with packing tape, but we could still hear the tape flapping in the wind...on the inside of the house. Brrrr!