Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Pathetic Doberman is Freezing

We are prepared for the upcoming freeze. We hung our thermal drapes, weatherstripped the front door, and stocked up on essential groceries. The van is parked facing out of the driveway so we can pull straight out instead of backing out and spinning on ice. All the kids have snow pants that fit, hats, and mittens. Bring it on!(Cute pic of F right out of the bath, trying to crawl away as fast as she can go. She doesn't like the way clothes slow her down. Doesn't she look healthy?)

And believe it or not, we still don't use our furnace (very often). We are still keeping the house warm with one Eden Pure heater and baking bread. After all, why heat an entire basement if we aren't down there? Our furnace is located in the basement and has to heat up cold air. The ducts run through the garage before they reach the bedrooms. So when we run the furnace, we first blow a bunch of cold garage-temperature air in the rooms which is then followed by warm air. What a waste of energy. And anytime I bake something, the whole upstairs is warmed from the heat of the oven. Which is why I hate to cook in the summer. When I get cold, I bake bread.

But there are still some cold weenies in my home. M is one of them. He wears his field clothes to keep warm while working on the computer downstairs. My Pathetic Doberman is the other. Here she is this morning after taking her morning trip outside. She is standing in front of the heater, warming her ears. Now if that isn't pathetic, I don't know what it.