Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Pictures

Baby's First Christmas: "Now which one of these presents is for me?"

Sweetie enjoyed eating the paper more than anything else.

"Watch out! Someone is eating your candy!!!"

IJ really liked this Sponge Bob balloon and played with it until it broke. Then he moved on...

The boys each got play rifles and Nerf revolvers. I had a hard time deciding who had the most fun, M or the boys. Even A and I worked on our speed an accuracy with the Nerf guns. I'm such a cool mom I had no problem with M drawing a devil target on our front window.
Shooting the devil is better than shooting your siblings and Pathetic Doberman.

E got some dress up clothes, including this beautiful homemade dress I found at Value Village for $5. Someone showed their love and dedication to a little girl when they sewed this dress! I love this picture because she looks like a little prairie girl just home from hunting rabbits.

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

One of my favorite presents was knitting a sweater for IJ's favorite stuffed animal. Who is actually real and a member of our family. I designed the sweater all by myself out of some yarn that IJ found in the closet, loved, and wanted knit into a sweater for him.

And... THE SNOW!!! This was the whitest Christmas I have ever known. I absolutely LOVE the snow (right now). I can't believe it was snowing on Christmas morning as we waited for the kids to wake up. [And funny about that... L was the first kid awake. Then A came upstairs. Then the boys. And finally (after I sent the boys running up and down the hallway calling "Merry Christmas!"), E got out of bed around 8:00.] I have to say, the memory of the Christmas of 2008 that will stay with me always is going for a walk around my neighborhood with my husband and four little kids and Pathetic Doberman. We have about 18 inches of snow now. We were able to give IJ the leash in the front yard, knowing the snow was too deep for My Pathetic Doberman to run away. She literally sunk up to her belly in the snow.

A built an igloo out in the front yard that has chairs, a table, and a fireplace carved on the inside. I crawled in to take pictures, but IJ is getting camera shy and escaped before I could get a cute picture of him (but E stayed and smiled sweetly). I got back at him by having the most fun I've had in a long time... a snow fight! We chased each other all over the backyard throwing and kicking snow at each other. After a dinner cooked entirely by M, watching Wall-E as a family in the basement ("Do you have your movie watching buddy?" Poor L was matched with wiggle worm S), and VitaMix milkshakes (M&M, eggnog, and cinamon candy), Christmas was over for another year...

...so even though we didn't make it to Twin Firs like we wanted, we still had a nice Christmas. And it is STILL snowing!