Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Savant

I haven't had a good savant post about S in awhile.  The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the latest craze around here.  Good (or annoying?) homeschooling mom that I am, I am trying to get the boys-at least IJ-to learn about the source of the TMNT's names, the history of the ninja and his weapons, whether or not the TMNTs are "awesome amphibians" or "radical reptiles," etc.  I have books about Renaissance art and painters that at least I'm enjoying!  But I think the boys like the pizza lessons the best.  When we go to Costco, they have been asking for pizza instead of hot dogs.  When S saw his first piece of giant Costco pizza, he exclaimed, "Fantabuloso Dude!" much to the enjoyment of the other people in line.  I didn't think he could eat the whole thing, but he could.  He later told us that "it only took him 23 bites. Or 24."  You never know!