Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Veggie Tales Twisted Tunes

Just before E was born, over four years ago (!), the older members of the D family wrote our own versions of some Veggie Tales tunes.  Today I found them in an old notebook mixed in with old shopping lists and things-to-do (did I ever do them? I have no idea).  Here they are-mostly for the enjoyment of L and A- but also just in case I lose or throw away this notebook!

Grandad's House (to the tune of the opening song of Veggie Tales)
If you like to eat Hassenfeffer
If pig feet won't make you scream
If you flavor cereal with pepper
And bug your kids about Vitamin D....

Have we got a place for you!
Grandad's house, Grandad's house, Grandad's house, Grandad's house...

Fava Beans,
Non fat ice cream,
Jelly beans,
Grandad's house!
Low-fat Spam,
Turkey ham,
Veggie-meat, canned,
Grandad's house!

You've never, never, never been to a place like Grandad's house!

The D's Who Don't Do Anything (sung to the tune of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything)
This song is incomplete, but the first verse was all about Pa D (aka M).  Ma D (or me) only got one line.  But I think I'll write the rest right now...

Pa D:
Well I never change the diapers and I
Never make the phone calls and I
Never return items that I bought and didn't need.
But I always read the kids stories and
I rock out on the weekends and I
Like to wear my boxers under fleece!

Ma D:
Well I never work on weekends...
And I never dust the cobwebs
And I won't eat any food that could be two days old.
But I always love my kiddies
And I knit them crazy stockings
And I like to feed the chickens in the Spring!