Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Adam!

Last night we celebrated Christmas Adam, which is a little family joke.  You know, Adam came before Eve!
 "Bean dip anyone?" ~This kid is eating nonstop!

On Christmas Adam we make cookies:
and watch Christmas movies and fall asleep in front of the Christmas tree:
Why this silly little tradition (that has only truly started this year)?  My kids always want to sleep by the tree on Christmas Eve, so this is my compromise.  I've always wanted to do things like this anyway.  I want my kids to look back on their childhood and think, "Gosh, my mom was the best.  She may have been a strict disciplinarian, but she had fun with us."  Next year I'm going to add popcorn and hot cocoa!  And yes, D and I slept on the floor...for half the night.  Then we moved to the couch.

The best part was having L with us for cookie making and slumber partying and then having A roll in at 11:00 PM.  Neither Grandad nor The Pathetic Doberman noticed her sneaking in, even though she walked right by the two of them!