Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Crafting

I am notorious for thinking up fun Christmas things to do and not following through with them.  In fact, I'm notorious for coming up with LOTS of ideas about LOTS of things and not following through with them.  I'm too busy, too tired, too sick, too this, too that...

Except this year I'm actually doing some things that I want to do.
A sneak peak of presents!

Like making my own reusable wrapping.  I absolutely hate wrapping presents.  I spend all that money and all that time wrapping presents just to have that time and money ripped off and thrown on the floor.  And then I have to pick it up and throw it away.  This year I've been buying pretty fabric and making reusable wrapping.  I'm also making reusable gift tags with my stamping set that I haven't used since I quit scrapbooking!
When IJ and I were at the Dollar Store, he saw an elf hat and wanted me to buy it for him.  Instead, we crossed the parking lot to JoAnn and I bought some nice fleece and sewed elf hats for all!
These two look a lot alike sometimes!
And in my pathetic attempt to keep school going, we are doing art projects.  Like making more wrapping paper out of the packing paper that is coming in our packages.  I taught them how to make cool patterns with bubble wrap, cookie cutters, yarn, and tree branch twigs.  Very fun!  Messy, but fun.
Last night I tried to have a little chat with E about the meaning of Christmas while she was going on about how many presents she wanted and what she wanted in those presents.  I told her that God sees her at all times, even when I can't see her, and He sees when she is naughty or sneaky or deceitful.  And then I added, "God tells Santa which kids are naughty and which are nice.  The naughty kids get switches in their stockings instead of toys and candy."
She looked at me with her big green eyes and said, "Oh.  I guess I'll be good until after Christmas then."  And she skipped away.