Sunday, December 19, 2010

More Homemade Christmas

A little fruitcake is mellowing on my cooling rack.  I've never made a fruitcake before, but after gagging down two Costco brand fruitcakes with neon colored fruit I had to make my own.  I used dried fruit, not neon fruit.  And liquor!  Like, oh my goodness!  I have never been to the liquor store before!  Seriously!  I parked out front, told the kids I was going in the liquor store, and S shouted, "The LICKER STORE??? Are you going to LICK the STORE?"  Then I had to go in and find what I needed.  It was so confusing!  Then I got carded.  Which wasn't so bad since it has been a long time since I turned 21!  I just hope I cooked everything long enough so the alcohol burns off.  I don't want a bunch of drunk kids running around my house.  Or a drunk Grandad for that matter.

And now I'm staying up late in my elvish workshop, sewing these:
Skirts from pillowcases (and other random fabric scraps)!  Obviously these are for the girls.  I love the matching pillowcase skirts.  I can't wait to see my girls twirling around in them.