Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Now that my kids are getting older, they are enjoying holiday traditions more and more.  The first thing out of S's mouth this morning was, "Happy St. Patrick's Daaaaay!!!!!"  This is his favorite holiday because you get to pinch people and it's all about green, his favorite color.  I made sure I had green on my pjs before I went to bed last night so no one could pinch me before I had my coffee.  Someone asked, "You aren't going to make that yucky meat are you?"  Heck, No!  Corned beef is... BLEH!  Too salty.  I made it last year and no one liked it but M.  This is what I made instead:
I mixed green food coloring with butter and made grilled cheese sandwich, cut hearts with a cookie cutter, and made shamrocks on the plate.  Then I sneakily dropped food coloring into glasses and casually asked if the kids wanted milk or Talking Rain.
I just noticed E is wearing the same dress she wore last year.  She's grown so much it is more like a tunic now!  Anyway, as I poured the clear drink into their cups, it magically turned green before their eyes!  Oooooh, magic!  The boys quickly caught on.  I can't fool them as well as I used to!

Off we go to roller skating followed by swim lessons!