Monday, April 25, 2011

Long Ago, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Can you guess where we went today?

The Pacific Science Center Star Wars exhibit!  What fun!  Best of all, we met our friends from our old town.  I just want to take a minute to say that these friends really helped us transition to living here at Twin Firs.  C has made many trips down to our neck of the woods for meet ups and fun.  I don't know what I would have done with out her:)
 I can't explain how this game works.  It would take too long.  But it was cool!

Team Red had a good time looking at the displays and building robots.  We also took a cruise through the permanent displays and had lunch! 
I am so glad I paid a full day in the parking garage.  I learned that when we first get to the science center, everyone is excited and eager to run madly from one display to the next, pushing buttons and flipping switches and never reading what the display is all about.  We parents wear out after two or three hours and can't wait to get out of there, especially before traffic builds up.  And we leave before we get to see everything or learn anything.

Today we got in on a group discount.  We walked through the dinosaurs, space, and the main room, seeing things we've seen many times before.  We watched a presentation about matter and energy that was really cool.  We had lunch.  We went through the Star Wars exhibit.  The kids all got tired and fussy, from D on up to IJ.  We said good bye to our friends (sniff, sniff-see you soon!).  And then we, just the kids and I, wandered through the permanent exhibits again, this time slowly.  It was really neat!  There are some cool hands-on things around the edges of the room that we normally pass by!  My favorite was this:
This pipe blows air!  I've walked by it so many times and never seen it.  F has perfect hair for this.  And she loved it!
Then, I got some coffee at the cafe and then we saw an IMAX film about Lewis and Clark while D napped.  We wandered through the body exhibit and looked in all the corners and found some fun stuff to play with.  And we went home!  I really felt like I got my money's worth today!