Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Scary F

Wrestling is one of our favorite past times!  And no one is spared (except Grandad).
"I took them all down myself!"

The boys earn two-on-one wrestling competitions with M after they have done a good job on their taekwondo practice.  It won't be long before M is no longer able to hold them both down!  He'll have to move on to easier prey:
Scary F!  

She can hold her brothers in a head lock!

IJ has no power over her!

Her best defense is crying, which doesn't always work.  Her second best defense is running and hiding behind me:
This younger set of kids sure have a great time playing with their older brothers.  It always amazes me how much they love and defend each other.  The other night while M had S in the scissor hold and IJ in a head lock, S was crying because IJ was caught and he wasn't going to leave his brother "to get killed."  When IJ has S pinned, he says, "Say it!  Say Uncle!"  S cries, "Uncle! Uncle!" until IJ lets him go.  As soon as he is free he says, "Uncle OPIE that is!" and hops right back on IJ.

 After wrestling, they have some secret club time.

They just add so much to each others lives.  Yes, my life would be so much easier and less busy if I didn't have "so many."  Yes, I have to find creative ways to get things done and schoolwork accomplished.  And I don't have my perfect dream home school (whatever that is).  But never once have I regretted these kids and never once have I felt that having little ones takes away from the older ones.  Those moments when a younger one turns to an older sibling for comfort are priceless.  I am so thankful for each and every one of them and so grateful that my life is so full.