Thursday, April 14, 2011

We Love the Dentist

F took her first trip to the dentist this morning.  Every trip to the dentist has been fun so far, hasn't it?  Why should this one be any different?  But this story isn't about F; she was quite tame.  This story is about E.
She is a very independent girl and she is not shy.  She feels very comfortable visiting the dentist.  I expected her to tell everyone she sometimes doesn't brush her teeth all day and no one ever checks.  But I didn't expect her to tell the dentist exactly what she thought of him.

E: I have a boyfriend (I shake my head no)
Dentist: Really?
E: Yes.  You are my boyfriend now.
Me: Honey, he is already married and you are a little too young to have a boyfriend.
E: No, he is my boyfriend.
Dentist: Well thank you E.  I am happy to be your "friend."
E.  You don't have to call me E.  Do you know what you should call me?  Sweet Pea.
Dentist (aside to me): You are going to have fun with her when she's a teenager!  Well, Sweet Pea, I'm going to take a look at your sister's teeth now.  See you next time!

Neither girl had cavities.  Hooray!