Sunday, July 8, 2012

Real Summer

Real Summer is finally here.  The kind that sees us opening windows early in the morning to let the cold air in and shutting them tight at 10:00 to keep the hot air out.  M is enjoying the 80 degree weather...me, not so much. 
This whole past weekend has been a weekend of firsts.  E started riding a two-wheeled bike.  F took the plunge and joined the pond swimming club with the kind of encouragement only IJ and M can give.  Our first baby guinea escaped and spent a lonely night on the roof.  In the morning, M climbed up only to have it fly across the driveway into a tree.  Throughout the day it called pathetically and occasionaly soared to various parts of the ten acres.  But by evening it had had enough and let E catch it at the fence.  It is now safe with its flock.

Not a first and probably not a last were the mud fights which ensued when the boys were tired of water.  They slung mud for an hour at trees at each other and at their sisters, Oh My! before finally coming up to admire themselves in the reflections in the windows; And I thought they were putting that show on for me!  Does anyone know that scene in Mr. Bean The Movie?
We have reached my last week of pregnancy...if this baby comes on time.  Stay tuned for my Top Ten Indications You've Reached Your Due Date post...  if the baby hasn't come before I get around to writing it!