Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Indications...

...You've Reached Your Due Date.  Just as I promised.  For the record, I have had two early babies and three late babies.  One early baby, IJ, was induced because my water broke and labor never started.  He was three days early.  D was also early, but only a few days as well.  S and F were three or four days late.  E is the latest at 10 days over her due date.  Those were some wicked days, let me tell you.  The doctor overseeing my midwife threatened to induce me if I didn't go into labor on my own the day she was born.  I hated him. 
The Pirate enjoys the sand pit
 So, here I am, the week of my due date.  I don't like due dates because they make me jumpy.  And the due dates all depend on average calculations: average cycles, average baby sizes, and there is nothing average about me.  This is my list:
  1. The milk's pull date is later than the baby's.
  2. Your husband worries about you going to the grocery store alone.
  3. You no longer want to answer the phone and talk to whomever wants to "check to see if the baby is born yet," but then you wish someone would call you because you are so bored.
  4. You stop planning activities for the kids because you're not sure if you'll be having a baby or not.
  5. You run out of red raspberry leaf tea and don't think Amazon.com can ship another pound fast enough.
  6. You drop something and then just leave it on the floor for someone else to pick up.  Bending over takes too much energy.
  7. You wake up every 15 minutes at night thinking, "Was that a contraction? No-just had to burp."
  8. You wake up every morning thinking, "Well, one more night over. Maybe tonight is the night."
  9. There is nothing left to collect or assemble for the home birth.  Every thing is ready to go...and its getting dusty.
  10. You start daydreaming about scheduled C-sections.
It looks like I won't be tortured too much longer.  I'm in the very early stages of labor, so we'll be meeting our baby sometime in the next 24 hours (I hope)!