Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras (partial fail)

Ian really wanted to recapture the fun we had two years ago when we did a mini-unit/celebration for Mardi Gras.  I did my best...and cut a few corners...

Everyone in the world is quoting the Frozen movie, but I'm still lost in The Princess and the Frog.  "Hey everybody! I made gumbo!"  And yes, yes, I did make gumbo.  With octopus! And okra! And imitation crab meat!  I was a little sad to use these ingredients; they are leftovers from Grandad's supply of strange and interesting things to eat...
 Everyone who finished their gumbo got:
...King's Cake!  Only instead of making a cake from scratch, I bought "exploding" cinnamon rolls and topped them with sprinkles.  Unfortunetly I followed the instructions for cooking them flat and the inside of my King Cake was gooey.  My kids are so desperate for sweet things they ate it anyway.

Maybe next year things will work out!