Monday, March 31, 2014

Baby Trees

One of Mark's favorite time of the spring came and went this past weekend.  He drove up to Bellingham and picked up his baby trees on Friday, had a quick visit with both girls (who will be called "the girls" forever), and came home to plant on Saturday.
In addition to trees, Mark brought home some of Laura's goat milk.  It was so so yummy, but sadly, it effected Heidi.  Back to the coconut milk for me.

This little guy loved visiting with his grandad, aunts, and uncles and cried when it was time for them to go.

Planting baby trees is something that Mark really loves.  Did I already say that? Well, I'll say it again.  He really loves planting baby trees.


Daniel and Lula love jumping in mud puddles.  Ian, Shane, and Evie love riding their bikes through the muddle puddles. 


I used to love letting them be kids.  I didn't even think about the laundry or the number of baths that would be required after a day in the mud.  But as I saw Daniel run through the giant puddle with the boots that have the huge crack and wearing his brand new socks, I sighed.  Goodbye, new socks.  Evie was riding in her best jacket (which she later discarded on the walkway, leaving a nice place for a muddy Jack to curl up for a nap in the sun).  Sigh again.  Mud splattered on all their faces...I used to be able to cram three kids in a bath and get it all done at once, but that is no longer doable.  Everyone needs their own bath now that they're older and mixed genders.  That is a long time to sit shivering, waiting your turn.
I keep waiting for this new baby/winter funk to wear off, but it sure is taking a long time.  I'm looking forward to finding the joy in a mud puddle or a baby tree again...