Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Forum Junkie

I like reading forums every morning after I read my email. One board that I am a member of is mostly made up of left-wing environmentalists. You know, the people I went to college with! Today I started a new thread entitled, "Educate me, why is bleach so bad?" just because I wanted to know what everyone thought! At my house, I try to buy unbleached coffee filters but I also use bleach to clean around the toilet (I have two little boys). This is a response I received:

"I don't know how accurate this is but years ago I went to a Greenpeace presentation & we were told that the bleach is absorbed by our body in our fat cells. Once there the only way it leaves our body is when we get pregnant & then it is passed on to the baby. Men can't get rid of it at all."

That sounds pretty stoopid to me!