Friday, August 8, 2008

Freezer Love

DH and Children #2 through #4 have left for another work weekend at Twin Firs. Normally I kick back and relax, watch some chick flicks, eat some junk food, and knit all weekend. But this weekend I am filling my freezer with meals that I can heat up on hectic days. Hello, that's like every day! Today I totaled: eight meals worth of salmon, 2 full size lasagnas, 3 meals of honey-glazed chicken thighs, 6 meals of mozzarella stuffed meatballs in sauce, and 6 meals of Spanish rice. Tomorrow, after I do the dishes from today, I will assemble four Cheesy Chiladas Bakes and six meals worth of sweet and sour meatballs. And then go blueberry picking with one of my bestest friends. My back is killing me from hauling my big fat baby through Costco and around the kitchen today! But knowing that I won't have to cook dinner for 35 nights (not counting leftovers!) makes me sooooo happy!