Monday, June 1, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 2

Our septic system passed inspection today and our house is now officially on the market! It is strange looking out the window and seeing the For Sale sign by the hedge M worked so hard to grow. Stranger still will be a 30 minute warning to get myself, my kids, and My Pathetic Doberman out of the house so a potential buyer can come see the house. Thirty minutes. I've read that every family should have a 30 minute plan in case of an emergency evacuation. But this is the exact opposite. Instead of grabbing essential food, water, and documents and leaving the toys where they fall, I'm going to have to be able to clean my entire house and find the shoes and the collar and the leash in under 30 minutes. I don't think it can be done, but we will see.

We spent another weekend at our new home finishing Grandad's room and releasing 1500 ladybugs: in our orchard: