Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 4

The big day came... and went... so quickly that details escape me. I remember being completely panicked when five testosterone-driven men starting hauling my furniture out of my house...I remember nodding in agreement that we should just "get things done," and "move." By evening, M was tossing loose things in on top of the furniture and nicely packed boxes. Garbage bags were stuffed with clothing and anything still loose in the house.But I just don't remember what went into each box/bag and where those boxes are now stored at Twin Firs. I did find my mixer and cookbook today under the desk in the garage. Can you believe the size of this truck? And it was full even after we brought a 14 foot truck down a few weeks ago... I showed up at Twin Firs a few hours after M and missed the first part of the heavy unloading. This is how I found him (inside the truck):Because of the hectic departure, we did forget a LOT of stuff behind, including the contents of my entire spice cupboard! Thank goodness the new owners didn't move in the next day and L could get in through the broken garage door!

I do not recommend quick moves. Now we have to sit around and wait for the new carpet to be installed in about a week. We are carpeting four rooms, so all the furniture for these rooms has to stay outside until then! All so the new family wouldn't have to camp out.