Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bear Out There! Part 3

Not to bore anyone to death about the bear subject, but I don't have any local friends yet. I can't call someone and be like, "Oh my gosh! I just saw a bear!" or anything.

But I did!

Once again, My Pathetic Doberman alerted me to the presence of something in the woods. My babies (IJ, S, and E) were playing right out in front of the house, not too far from where MPD was guarding. I called, "All kids in the house!" which I told them was a command they had to obey, especially when the dog was barking. I wasn't sure what she was barking at, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I got my pellet gun, just in case Rocky the Pit Bull was lurking nearby. When the kids and dog were safely in the house, I stood quietly and listened. I could hear loud, slow crunches in the woods near the pond. Then I heard splashing. And I could see him! He raised his head and looked at me! George the Dum-Dum!

I tell you, Flight or Fight responses are crazy! I felt like something in my stomach pulled me back toward the house. I guess I will have to keep the kids inside until My Good Doberman tells me its safe out there.