Saturday, June 27, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 5

Combining homes is always hard. Before I left the old house, I gave all my nice glass plates to L. This is why:I now am the proud owner of all these plates. And there are at least two more china sets (one plain, one super fancy) in the cupboard. How can one person accumulate so many plates? Well, one person can't. The blue and white at the bottom left was my grandmother's. The blue, white, and brown above it was my parent's. The yellow and whit in the center were from M's parents moving to Colombia and their belongings getting delayed for so long, they had to buy new furniture etc. The other three sets belonged to M's grandparents and parents. M's parents used to entertain, way back in the day when military officials and their wives were expected to host large parties. So they have many different kinds of flatware to fit those occasions.

Party anyone?