Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Goodbye Cub Scouts! Goodbye Favorite Beach!

I feel like we are starting to check off our "Before We Leave We Want To..." list.

Last night we had our final meeting with the local Cub Scout pack. IJ crossed over from being a Tiger to being a Wolf. S became a Tiger. And I got a special award for my service (the neon cape)! I was really sad to say goodbye to the people that I have only known for one year.On the way out of the park, I remembered that we were one of the places that M and I spent a lot of time working together before we got married. It is also the same place M conducted the work that earned him his Master's degree. So I took a picture of our kids on the bridge (where M first winked at me). Not to get mooshy or anything!And today, during the appraisal of the house, we all went to our favorite beach. This beach has always been special. It is where M used to take L and A when they were little girls. It is where M and I used to stroll before we were married while we dreamed of our future together (mooshy! mooshy!). It is where L dropped IJ in the sea when something bit her. Its where our favorite family picture was taken. Today was F's first day walking on the beach by herself.We found all sorts of cool things under rocks, and M and I played our favorite game of who can name the most marine invertebrates by scientific name. M always wins. Pisaster (near E's feet in this picture), by the way, is the purple sea star.As the kids exclaimed about what they found, my joker hollered, "Look! I found SAND!" His brother found a crab and chased him gleefully, making S scream.
My Pathetic Doberman drank a bunch of salt water and got sand in the peanut butter and barked at seagulls. You can't beat a day like that if you're a dog!